Access: There are no prerequisites for these short courses. The course material is university level.
Length of Studies: Students have 24 months from the date of enrolment in which to validate the diploma.
Validation: Each of the five courses is assessed by a 5 page written assignment. The diploma is worth 15 ECTS.
Certificate : The Trinity and Christian Life
This certificate is composed of five fundamental courses, enabling students to study the mystery of the Christian God, Three in One, and study how the sacramental life offers us an opportunity to meet God. Students are encouraged to enter into the mystery of God in the Scriptures and the study of Mary in a course specifically dedicated to Mariology.
The certificate entitled The Trinity and Christian life is best suited to students who are already comfortable with university level study. It is a well-designed opportunity which enables students to benefit from two courses on the Trinity which, written from a Thomistic perspective, are amongst some of the more academically demanding courses offered by Domuni.
The Trinity and Christian Life
- Trinity 1
- Trinity 2
- Sacramental life
- Introduction to Sacred Scriptures
- Mariology 1
List of Courses
(1) To present a fundamental theology of the Triune God from a Catholic perspective
(2) To expose students to a number of important classical theological texts and conciliar definitions
(3) To examine a systematic reflection on the mystery of the Most Holy Trinity from a Thomistic perspective
(4) To do this in conversation with contemporary debates and controversies.
(5) To require of students a fair degree of textual analysis, and coherent theological argument, in the form of written essays.
(1) To examine a systematic reflection on the mystery of the Most Holy Trinity from a Thomistic perspective
(2) To introduce a conversation with contemporary debates and controversies.
(3) To require of students a fair degree of textual analysis, and coherent theological argument, in the form of written essays.
The course aims at furnishing the student withe the appropriate tools for a meaningful of the Biblical text, with particular reference to its spiritual, liturgical and pastoral context. The course will further aim at providing a basis familiarity with, and a critical assessment of contemporary exegetical methods.