The course aims at furnishing the student withe the appropriate tools for a meaningful of the Biblical text, with particular reference to its spiritual, liturgical and pastoral context. The course will further aim at providing a basis familiarity with, and a critical assessment of contemporary exegetical methods.
Course code: THEN01Professor: Adrian Judd
This course will teach you modern methods of Biblical Studies. You will evaluate their use in the light of the tradition of the Church. You will learn how to do exegesis of Scripture and the limitations of the Historical-Critical method.
- To understand the historical development of Biblical studies in the Church
- To practice exegesis using modern methods of Biblical Studies
- To reflect on the limitations of the Historical-Critical Method
- To apply the Historical-Critical method to the nativity
- To evaluate its usefulness in exegesis
- To understand its adoption by the Church
- To analyse its weaknesses
A course quiz on Moodle and a final assignment.