Certificate : Theology and Philosophy
Access: There are no prerequisites for these short courses. The course material is university level.
Length of Studies: 12 months
Validation: Each of the five courses is assessed by a written assignment.
Certificate: Theology and Philosophy
Are you ready to take a journey in theology? This certificate offers an introduction to thought and the search for truth and progresses onto the study of Christ, the Revelation. A well constructed course, logical in development and wide ranging enough to offer a good overview of key areas of basic theological study.
This introductory certificate follows the classical structure of theological studies. The first two units focuses on the science of knowledge and its objective value. It offers the opportunity to study areas such as the doctrine of realism, truth and error, the intellect and their senses. This provides a sound basis for progressing onto the modules concerning the Revelation, which are approached through the study of Biblical passages, through Pauline and Johannine writings, the Church Fathers and the great Councils. The final section of the course confronts students with an approach to the challenge of inculturation: In the 21st century Christianity is lived in new contexts: In Asia, Africa, Latin America, and within the context of religious pluralism
Theology and Philosophy
- Introduction to critical thinking 1
- Introduction to critical thinking 2
- Christology 1
- Christology 2
- Christology 3
To register for the Certificate, follow the steps below:
- Add the certificate to your cart
- Send an email to: email@example.com
List of Courses
The modern epistemological problem has two aspects:
1. The opposition between science and philosophy or truth and error. We find this basically in Descartes and Kant.
2. The conflict between science and science or that of contemporary and classic physics and not an opposition between science and philosophy or truth and error.