WORKS of ST. BONAVENTURE BREVILOQUIUM Introduction, Translation and Notes by Dominic V. Monti, O.F.M. Franciscan Institute Publications The Franciscan Institute Saint Bonaventure University Saint Bonaventure, NY 14
Course code: TH315Professor: Dr. Jesmond Micallef
Bonaventure style is fashioned upon Holy Writings. He was a master of language and was called the Doctor Scripture evangelicae. He was able to adapt it perfectly to the the demands of his writings. He was simple and delicate. Sometimes his admiration can turn to imitation, and this explains the rhetorical character found in some passages, the abundance of superlatives, the length of sentences, etc.
In this course we will be able to discover the method and style of Bonaventure and how he used these to be able to spread the Gospel in a time of evangelical renewal which reached its height in the 13th century.
Table of content
- Introduction to Bonaventure: Method, style, language
- Introduction to Bonaventure: The method
- Christ, word of good and exemplar of humanity, Part I
- Christ, word of good and exemplar of humanity, Part II
- Christ, word of good and exemplar of humanity, Part III
- Seminator Verbi Dei