Jesmond Micallef, OFM Capuchin
Citizenship: Republic of Malta
Enrolled in the Faculty: October 1994
Defended Thesis in June 1996, 2015,
Confererd Degree: 22 November 1997 Ph. D., Theology, University of Malta, Msida,
- September 1995 - - June 1996: St. Bonaventure University, Olean, New York; wrote doctoral thesis; major professor: Regis Armstrong, OFM Capuchin
- October 1994 - - December 1994: Went to Rome for doctoral research: Salesian University, University of Antonianum, Rome, Italy;
- October 1989 - - June 1991: Licentiate in Theology (S.Th. L), Faculty of Theology, University of Malta; Msida, Malta 22 November 1991
- October 1984 - - June 1985: Bacheolor of Sacred Theology (S.Th. B) University of Malta, Msida, Malta 21 December 1988
- October 1982 - - June 1984: Franciscan Capuchin Order, Maltese Province, philosophy studies
- October 1980 - - June 1982: St. Aloysius Jesuit College, B’Kara, Malta; A Level examination certification: Maltese, religion, philosophy, history, Italian, and music
- 1974 -1978 Secondary school - government; Marsa, Malta; O Level examination certification: Maltese, Math, English, Italian, French, Religion, History of Malta, History of Europe, Human Biology, Music, Typing, Computer Studies
- 1968-1973 Elementary school - taught by Franciscan Sisters, Malta
Renewal course, Spiritual Director Skill Training, St. Louis, MO
on St. Louis with the Paraclete community from August 1995 – February 1998
- November 1999 – December 2000: Capuchin Retreat House, Washington, MI; Spiritual Director, plan and assist at retreats, celebration of Mass, weekly speaker
- September 1998 to June 1999: Lecturer at the Diocesan Seminary of Gozo, at St. Martin’s College, at St. Anton School and gave Lenten Talks to the Sixth Formers at St. Edwards College.. Between July 1999 – October 1999 worked in Ephesus, Turkey as a preacher
- February 1998 – June 1999: Teaching at Secondary Schools in Malta and Gozo
- August 1996 – February 1998: St Louis, Mo.
- September 1995 – June 1996: St. Bonaventure, New York.
- July 1995 – September 1995: Postulant Master within the capuchin community in Malta.
- September 1994– June 1995: Teacher at De La Salle College, Cospicua, Malta.
- September 1993– December 1993: In Rome for Research.
- September 1992 – September 1993: Novice Master within the capuchin community in Malta
- June 1991 – September 1992: Editor of the Official magazine of the Capuchin province of Malta.
- September 2007- September 2017 : Missionary in Greece
- From 2005 - Itinerant profesor in Italy, Albania, Croatia, Israël, South Africa and Tanzania
- Ongoing Formation in the Capuchin Constitutions, doctoral thesis, June 1966, University of Malta
- Many different articles for different periodicals in Malta. In the States some articles have been published in the New Covenant December 200, The Sunday Visitor November 2000 and This Rock, July 2000.
- Contributor to local radio programs and presentations given to priests and friars and students of the capuchin province in Malta.
- Studied Modern Greek as a Missionary in Athens: 2008 till present.
- Finished his second doctoral thesis at the PIO, Rome in Oriental Theology on the 7th May 2015: THE EXORCISTIC PRAYERS AS MEANS OF RESTORATION AND THERAPY AS PRESENTED IN THE ATHONITE MANUSCRIPT OF XIROPOTAMOU 98, (2660) 16, XVI. TRANSCRIPTION WITH LITURGICAL AND THEOLOGICAL COMMENTS.
- January 2016 finished an M.A. in Ecumenism at the Ukranian Catholic University.
- 2019 Finished his Post-Doctorate at the Sophia University, Firenze, under the direction of Piero Coda on the Ontology of Personhood in John Zizioulas.