The course provides the theological and historical foundations for understanding the evolution of Christian liturgical forms, and pastoral practice. The course will examine the major moments in the historical development of the liturgy in both East and West from the New Testament era with its Jewish foundations to the present.
Course code: THEN021Professor: Dr. David H. Pereyra
Table of content
1. Introduction & Main Concepts
2. Jewish Roots – New Testament – The Liturgy in Christian Minorities during Times of Relative Clandestinely
3. The Liturgy in the Roman Empire after the Peace of the Church
4. Christendom – The Conversion of Nations and the Administration of the Common People
5. The Development of the Byzantine Liturgy and Other Eastern Liturgies