2012-2014 Post-Doctoral Fellow. OCAD University – Inclusive Design Research Centre
2007-2011 PhD. Philosophy in Theology. University of St. Michael’s College, University of Toronto. Faculty of Theology. Supervisor: Prof. DDr. P. Argárate, (Tübingen).
2003-2006 MA in Theology. University of St. Michael’s College, University of Toronto. Faculty of Theology. Supervisor: Prof. DDr. P. Argárate, (Tübingen).
1988-1991 Bachelor in Philosophy & Theology. Universidad Católica Argentina. Faculty of Theology. Buenos Aires, Argentina.
1984-1987 Master in Architecture. Universidad de Buenos Aires. Faculty of Architecture.
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
1981-1983 Bachelor in Architecture. Universidad de Buenos Aires. Faculty of Architecture. Buenos Aires, Argentina.
English – Spanish – Italian
Reading knowledge of French and Latin
2014 Winter Instructor of the course “Christianity in Latin America.” Faculty of Art and Sciences. University of St. Michael’s College, University of Toronto.
2013 Present Instructor of the course “Comparative Religions.” Faculty of Liberal Arts &Science and School of Interdisciplinary Studies, OCAD University, Toronto.
2013 Present Instructor of the course “Values in Current Films Release.” Continuing Education. University of St. Michael’s College, Toronto.
2012-present Adjunct Professor in Research and Graduate Studies. Faculty of Design and Office of Research & Graduate Studies, OCAD University, Toronto.
2012-present Post – Doctoral Position. Inclusive Design Research Centre. OCAD Univeristy, Toronto.
2012-present Coordinator and Creator of IN a series of public presentations and events hosted by the Inclusive Design Institute. OCAD University on a wide variety of topics from the field of inclusion: accessibility, health, education, art, culture and design.
2012 Fall Guest Lecturer: “Christopher Alexander’s Fifteen Properties of Good Design.” Invited by John D. Dadosky, Associate Professor of Theology for the course “Philosophy and Theology of Beauty.” Faculty of Theology, Regis College, University of Toronto. October 29, 2012.
2012 Fall Guest Lecturer: “Play, Symbol and Festival: Criteria for Sacred Spaces.” Invited by Cheryl Giraudy, Associate Dean of Faculty of Design for the course “Myth, Beliefs & Imagery.” Faculty of Design, OCAD University. September 19, 2012.
2012 Spring Instructor of the course “Early Christian Art.” Faculty of Theology. University of St. Michael’s College, Toronto.
2012 Winter Instructor of the course “Encountering Sacred Space and Sacred Places. Part I.” Continuing Education. University of St. Michael’s College, Toronto.
2012 Winter Instructor of the course “The Organic Development of Sacred Architecture. Part II.” Continuing Education. University of St. Michael’s College, Toronto.
2012 Winter Instructor of the course “Contemporary Sacred Architecture. Part III.” Continuing Education. University of St. Michael’s College, Toronto.
2011 Spring Instructor of the course “Understanding Religious Architecture Today.” Continuing Education. University of St. Michael’s College, Toronto.
2010 Fall Teaching Assistant of the course “Introduction to Liturgy.” Faculty of Theology.University of St. Michael’s College, Toronto.
2009 Fall Teaching Assistant of the course “Early Christian Art.” Faculty of Theology.
University of St. Michael’s College, Toronto.
2008 Fall Guest Lecturer: “Portraits of the Divine in Early Christianity.” Invited by Pablo Argárate, Associate Professor of Patristics and Historical Theology for the course “Jesus the Christ in Early Christianity.” Faculty of Theology, University of St. Michael’s College. November 3, 2008.
2008 Fall Public Lecture at the Liturgy Seminar, TST: “The Orientation of Sacred Space and Liturgical Prayer. The debate: celebration versus populum in the Catholic Church.” October 1, 2008.
2007 Winter Guest Lecturer, “Christian Initiation in the Early Church and its Architectural Setting.” Invited by Pablo Argárate, Associate Professor of Patristics and Historical Theology for the course “Mystagogical Catechesis.” Faculty of Theology, University of St. Michael’sCollege. University of Toronto. January 15, 2007.
2007-present Coordinator of the Liturgy Seminar. Toronto School of Theology. University of
Toronto. Introduced digital technology to the seminar by designing a blog:
http://tst-liturgy-seminar.blogspot.com. Also created a podcast in order to be able to reach a wider audience.
2006-2007 My M.A. on Reconciliation Space was referred by Fr. Pierre-Benoît Samuel ( Fraternités Monastiques de Jérusalem) at the Conference of French bishops in Lourdes “Laissez vous réconcilier avec Dieu!”
1994-1999 Associate professor of Sacred Architecture, Theory and Practice. Faculty of Architecture. Universidad Católica Argentina, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
1990-1991 Professor of Sacred Architecture and Visual Arts. Diocesan Seminary Santa Cruz. Argentina.
1988-1994 Professor of Religion and Philosophy. Instituto Inmaculada Concepción High School, Argentina.
Working as a Post-Doctoral Fellow
Post-Doctoral Fellow July 2012 – Present
OCAD University – Inclusive Design Research Center – Toronto ON.
• “Community of Researchers and People within the Larger Community and diversity of End Users Engagement.” One overarching purpose and commitment of the IDRC is to conduct inclusive participatory design involving the larger community and a diversity of end users. This implies that over 90 listed collaborating organizations. This community engagement is being organized by David Pereyra. His research is the exploration of methods in which to maximize the level of participation of users, knowing that participation is the foundation of the IDRC success.
• Organized a Public Forum to gather comment on the progress towards achieving the goals for accessibility set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its standards. The event began with a opening remarks by Dean Mayo Moran of the Faculty of Law, University of Toronto. Dean Moran was conducting the second independent review of the province’s accessibility legislation. More than 60 people attended the May 26th, 2014 event. http://inclusivedesign.ca/public-forum-aoda-and-its-standards/
• Organized a Public Debate to get public feedback on the proposed amendment to the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (Ontario Regulation 191/11). The amendment includes accessibility standards for the Design of Public Space (Accessibility Standards for the Built Environment) and housekeeping regulation amendments. Forty-one organizations were invited to participate. More than 70 people attended the September 17th, 2012 event. http://inclusivedesign.ca/public-forum-design-of-public-spaces-in-the-built-environment/
• Actively involved with various organizations to facilitate collaboration such as ARCH: Disability Law Centre, AMI: Accessible Media, Light, Camera Access, and others.
Worked with a multidisciplinary team in a project called “Disrupting / Undoing: The Current Construct of Disability”. The project was a collaboration between the Criticism & Curatorial Practice, Diversity & Equity Initiatives, and the Inclusive Design Research Centre at OCAD University. April 2013. https://vimeo.com/50321611
• Started IN Series with the help of one undergraduate student. The IN Series is a sequence of public presentations, which promotes discussion and engagement on a wide variety of topics about Inclusion - Disability, Accessibility, Health, Education, Culture and the Arts.
• Assisted CILT: Centre for Independent Living in Toronto, to set-up an annual conference “Aging with Disability: Maintaining Independence Our Way”, in the Participatory Inclusive Design Lab at 49 McCaul St.
• Facilitator of one of the Abilities Arts Festival’s installations that took place at OCAD University’s Open Gallery. Also assisted with all the administrative requirements requested by OCAD.
• Continuously assisting the IDRC in several research-related activities including the Accessibility Camp.
Working Experience as a Designer
2011-2012 Designer and worship planner for St. Michael's Chapel. St Michael’s College, University of Toronto.
2010-2014 Planning and leading Worship activities. Dominican Community in Toronto.
2010 Planning and leading the Ecumenical Liturgy for the 40th Anniversary of the Toronto School of Theology.
2006-2007 Consultant for the Rene Goupil House Chapel at the Manresa Jesuit House for priests with physical challenges. Pickering. Ontario.
2004-2014 Designer and worship planner for the annual Artists’ Mass, Regis College, Toronto.
2000-present Coordinator of Inclusive Programs and Activities, Spanish Centre for Language & Culture, Toronto, Canada.
1997-1999 Director of Industrial and Social Promotion, Municipality Esteban Echeverría, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
1995-1996 Director of Architectural Planning, Municipality Esteban Echeverría, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
1993-1999 Architect in Argentina.
Working Experience as an Architect
Planning and Construction of:
2012-2013 Project for a new altar, ambo and presidential chair for the chapel at St Mary’s University. Calgary – Canada
2011-2012 Dominican Centro for Preaching at the University of Toronto. Toronto – Canada
1998-2000 Metropolitan Church Inmaculada Concepción. Buenos Aires – Argentina
1998-1999 Community Centre San Antonio de Padua. Buenos Aires – Argentina
1997-1998 San Francisco de Asis College. Remodelation. Lanús – Argentina
1996-2002 Community Centre and Parish Church Asunción de María. Buenos Aires – Argentina
1994-1996 Interior Renovation Parish Church Nuestra Señora de Itatí. Buenos Aires – Argentina
1994-1996 Historical Chapel Santa Ana de Glew – Soldi Frescos. Buenos Aires – Argentina
1994-1995 Community Centre San Antonio. Buenos Aires – Argentina
1994-1995 Community Centre House Nuestra Señora del Valle. Ezeiza – Argentina
1993-1996 Community Centre Nuestra Señora de Lourdes. Argentina
1993-1994 San Juan Highschool. Remodelation. Buenos Aires – Argentina
1993-1995 Community Centre SJM Vianney. Buenos Aires – Argentina
1992-1998 Inmaculada Concepcion College. Highschool and Undergraduate Program. Argentina
1989-1990 Formation Centre, Seminary Diócesis de Lomas de Zamora. Argentina
2012 “Rediscovering Architecture’s Role in the Proclamation of Sacred Scriptures,” in Proceedings of the 2dn International Conference of the European Architectural History Network. Ed. Hilde Heynen. Koninklijke Vlaamse Academie Van Belgie Voor Wetenshappen en Kunsten. Brussels, 2012.
2011 Book Review of Diane E. Peters, The Many Faces of Martha of Bethany (Toronto: Novalis, 2008) in Toronto Journal of Theology.
2011 “Play, Symbol and Festival in Worship Design,” 2A Architecture & Art: Architecture, Culture & Spirituality Part II, Spring 2011, issue 17. (Dubai: 2011).
2008 Review of the symposium Sacred Space – Architecture for Worship in the 21st Century (Yale University) in Journal of Architectural Education, vol. 62, issue 2 (2008): 72-73.
2006 Brokeback Mountain & the Breakdown of Myths, Place and Space, Student
Christian Movement of Canada, national magazine.
To be Published
A chapter called: Privileged Places of Popular Marian Piety in South America, for “The Changing World Religion Map,” a book edited by Dr. Stanley D. Brunn, Springer Publishers, USA.
“El lenguaje del juego, del símbolo y de la fiesta. La celebración litúrgica como experiencia de lo trascendente”, for the Journal “Teología,” UCA, Faculty of Theology, Buenos Aires, Argentina
The Chapter: Play, Symbol and Festival in Worship Design, for “Architecture, Culture + Spirituality: Essays on the Experience, Significance and Meaning of the Built Environment,” a book edited by Tom Barrie, Julio Bermúdez and Phill Tabb, ACS III, Publication Committee, USA.
“Wholehearted Silences Complete a Meaningful Conversation,” for International Conference on Film and Religion. University of Groningen. Nederland.
“The Accessibility of Disability,” for ACS Symposium at University of Toronto.
Book: “Rituals, Experience, and Sacred Places for the Proclamations of Holy Scriptures.”
Editor and contributor of “Forgiveness: Probing the Bounderies”, Oxford University, UK.