- Bachelor of Arts (1994-1997): University of Calicut
- Bachelor of Theology (2005-2009): St. Charles Seminary Affiliated to St. Thomas University, Rome (Angelicum)
- Master of Philosophy: Indira Gandhi Open University (Delhi)
- Licentiate in Philosophy (2010-2012): Faculty of Philosophy, Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram (Pontifical Athenaeum), Bangalore.
- Doctorate in Philosophy (2016) (PhD.): Faculty of Philosophy, Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram (Pontifical Athenaeum), Bangalore.
- Bachelor of Theology Research Paper: “Unborn Child and Its Rights: A Christian Analysis.” Supervisor: Dr. John Kusumalayam OP
It is a study that analyses the rights of a child during pregnancy from a Christian point of view. It investigates the rights of human persons from secular, philosophical, and religious perspectives, and applies them in the context of unborn children.
- Licentiate in Philosophy Thesis: “Making Sense of the Role of Philosophy in Life: A Paradigm Shift in Wittgenstein.” Supervisor: Pro. Dr. Jose Nandhikkara CMI
This thesis investigates the later works of Wittgenstein and gathers reminders for philosophising in the present world. It presents philosophy as an activity that is carried out in everyday life of human persons. The role moves away from theorizing method of philosophizing to philosophising in the context.
- Doctoral Thesis “To be Human, to be Relational: An Analysis of Aquinas and Wittgenstein for a Philosophical Anthropology” Supervisor: Pro. Dr. Jose Nandhikkara CMI
The thesis explores the possibility of relationality to be the dynamism that keeps the body-soul continuum as the source of all life and relationships of all human persons. This is an extensive study, analysis and interpretation of concepts in Thomistic and Wittgensteinian philosophy and proposes further development and interpretation in their philosophy according to the general philosophical focus of the times.
- Paikkattu, Vinoy. “Dismantling the Dichotomy between Secular and Sacred: A Wittgensteinian Way” in Journal of Dharma 40, 3 (July-September 2015), 295-312.
- Paikkattu, Vinoy Thomas. “Knowing Self, Identity, and Otherness: An Epistemological Account after Aquinas and Wittgenstein” in Journal of Dharma 43, 3 (July-September 2018), 321-342.
- Attended the International Conference on “Mysticism without Bounds” organized by Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram and Christ University, during 5-7 January 2011 at Christ University, Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- Attended the International Conference, “Dharma: Interface between Sacred and Secular” organized by Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram, Bengaluru during 4-7 January 2015.
- Presented a Paper, “Dismantling the Dichotomy between Secular and Sacred: A Wittgensteinian Way” during the International Conference, “Dharma: Interface between Sacred and Secular” organized by Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram, during 4-7 January 2015, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
- Presented a Paper, “St. Chavara and His Ecclesial Vision of a United Church” during a National Seminar on St. Kuriakose Elias Chavara: His Contribution for Social Equity of People on the Margins Organized by Centre for Dalit Solidarity, DVK, Bengaluru and Centre For Dalit Studies, Delhi In Collaboration With Centre for Chavara Studies and Research, DVK, Bengaluru.