What is goodness? Is something good because God desires it, or does God desire it because it is good? This webinar does not presume belief in God, but Socrates' question, the Euthyphro dilemma presupposes that there is such a deity. This is one of the basic questions in philosophy. Join with others in discussing the nature of goodness and whether God can be capricious and do what he wants.
This Domuni Live event is primarily designed for BA Philosophy students, Masters students.
PROPOSED AND HOSTED BY ADRIAN JUDD
DATE: Friday 23rd July 2021
TIME: FROM 9am and 4PM (LONDON)
We look forward to seeing you there.
ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP:
- to introduce students to discussion about the nature of goodness and what God desires
RUNNING OF THE EVENT:
- 15 minutes will be spent in student introductions
- 30 minutes will be presentation of the dilemma from Socrates
- 20 minutes for Questions and Answers
- 10 minutes for summing up at the end from the position of Thomas Aquinas