The Marketing Management course will take participants through market analysis, marketing strategy development, marketing plans delivery and the need for marketing metrics.
Course code: SHS-MRKE02
ECTS Credits: 6Professor: Kimani-Lucas Maureen
The Marketing Management course will take participants through market analysis, marketing strategy development, marketing plans delivery and the need for marketing metrics. In addition, the course will give an overview on newer concepts like Digital marketing, Big Data and Marketing in a post Covid-19 world.
- make participants aware of the importance of viewing marketing as an organization wide philosophy as well as an important managerial function
- elaborate key frameworks and help participants to apply these in a range of business situations through the use of mini case studies
- build participants’ understanding of the complex modern marketing environment and how to create value for both customers and companies
- teach participants how to elaborate marketing strategy and draw marketing plans
- give participants an overview on concepts such as Digital marketing, Big data and post covid-19 marketing and why these concepts are important to modern marketing
- At the end of the course, participants should be able to apply the different frameworks covered to formulate marketing strategy and draw concrete marketing plans that create value for the customer and the company
- Participants should also be able to integrate newer marketing concepts such as digital marketing into their marketing plans
- Key concepts: Definition of Marketing, Management and underlying concepts.
- Marketing Management Framework : Situational Analysis - 5Cs. 14
- Marketing Management Framework : Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning (STP)
- Marketing Management Framework : 4Ps – Product, Price, Place, Promotion
- Marketing Strategy and Marketing Plans
- Need for marketing metrics
- Some Key Digital Marketing Concepts
- Relevance of Big Data to Marketing
- Market Disruption : Will Marketing remain the same post COVID-19?