Liturgy is primary theology. It is theology in practice. This introductory course in contemporary liturgy explores basic theological principles and foundational pastoral practices contained in the current normative Roman Catholic documents concerning the liturgy.
Table of contents:
- Introduction to the Course
- Chapter 1 The Second Vatican Ecumenical Council and its Liturgical Reform
- Chapter 2 Towards a Definition of Liturgical Prayer
- Chapter 3 Celebration of the Christian Mystery: the Roots and Evolution of Eucharistic Praying
- Chapter 4 Principles of the Liturgy in Sacrosanctum Concilium, the Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy
- Summary and Conclusion