Distinctions need to be made regarding the subject of moral theology : first – as distinct from moral philosophy or ethics; second – as distinct from other theologica l studies.
Course code: TH01Professor: Catherine Joseph Droste
This course studies the moral life from a Thomistic perspective, grounded in the understanding of the dignity of each human person. This dignity includes an inclination towards beatitude, union with God, which a person embraces through free cooperation with God's grace.
table of contents
- Part I: Foundations of Moral Discourse
- Part II. The Human Person - Imago Dei
- Part III: The Human Act
- Part IV: The Passions
- Part V: The Virtues
- Part VI: Practical Reasoning
- Part VII: On Sin and Vice
- Part VIII: Of Law and Grace