SEM - Philosophy and Theology
5th October - 30th November 2020
presented by Cornelius Ewuoso
ECTS Credits: 6Professor: Cornelius Ewuoso
Is there an African Philosophy/Theology/Bioethics? This seminar will be devoted to this question. In different parts of this seminar, we will consider issues around the existence and identity of African philosophy/bioethics/Theology. In the final week of series, we shall examine the feminist and African scholars’ attempt to recreate a theology that is sufficiently inclusive; addresses the past injustices (towards women); and accommodates elements of human (African) experience.
- This study will introduce the participants to prevailing issues in African philosophy/theology/Bioethics.
- The study would also highlight the various attempts to recreate philosophy/theology using African/cultural/feminist categories.
- The study would also identify gaps in these attempts, and make recommendations for bridging the same
- Acquaint the students with some of the basic issues in African Philosophy/Theology/Bioethics
- Gain knowledge of how African scholars have addressed these issues.
- Students would also have solid knowledge of principal issues in African philosophy/ theology/Bioethics
- The students would be able to discuss and critically evaluate arguments in favour and against African philosophy/Bioethics/Theology.
- Develop and defend their own position
- The students would gain oral presentation skills (gained practice for giving conference papers)
- Develop writing skills (learnt to produce high-quality academic articles)
Your final grades would be made up of your structured essay (60%), attendance (10%) and contributions to the debate during the online session (20%). Further instruction of how you would be assessed is found under the heading “Teaching Method” below.
This seminar is available to Master 1 and Master 2 students registered at Domuni Universitas. The seminar can also be purchased individually, subject to available places. To sign up, please send an email to email@example.com