This course will provide a general introduction to the language of the New Testament.
Course code: NTG01
ECTS Credits: 6Professor: Adrian Judd
This course is a beginner's introduction to the language of the New Testament. Learn to read the New Testament in its original language and to pronounce, type and write Greek words. Learn to translate simple sentences and begin to get a feel for the language of the Gospels and of St Paul.
- To give students a grounding in New Testament Greek and the tools required to type, write, transliterate and type it.
- To teach students to read New Testament texts with attention to detail.
- To enable students to use the skills and knowledge developed in the course in other courses which are part of their academic study.
- Learn the Greek alphabet, and to write, type and transliterate it.
- Elementary New Testament Greek.
- Learn to recognise grammatical forms of verbs, nouns and adjectives, including declensions, and the present and future indicative tenses.
- Translate simple New Testament texts and other typical expressions from Greek into English.
- To learn basic elements of the grammar and vocabulary of New Testament Greek.
- Memorise or recognise key words and translate simple texts from Greek to English.
- Identify forms of Greek words through the parsing of verbs, nouns, adjectives and participles.