This course is aimed at students who have a level B1 (CEFR) or higher in English.
Course code: EDOMU1111 (SHS-LANG01)Professor: Carly Wood
This course is aimed at students who have a level B1 (CEFR) or higher in English. The course is an introduction into the world of “English at work”. You will benefit most from this course if you are able to invest some time in practicing the language learned. The course will provide you with the tools and vocabulary to manage various workplace scenarios in English. This course is a basis, it serves to help and encourage you to apply good practices in your daily life. You are not expected to memorize the vocabulary in this course, but to work with it and to apply it to your life.
- To expand students’ vocabulary.
- To make students aware of what is needed to succeed in the world of work in English.
- To stimulate self-study and practice of the language at work.
- Students will be able to add variety to their use of English at work.
- Students will be more confident in meetings which take place in English.
- Students will be better equipped to manage phone calls in English.
- Students will be able to give presentations with more ease.
There are self-study exercises proposed throughout the course. At the end of the course, you will complete a series of exercises which will be graded by the professor.
Table of contents:
2. Justifying a decision
4. Discussing figures
7. Useful phrasal verbs
8. Common acronyms
9. Stating your opinion
10. Making comparisons
13. Marking time
14. Giving examples
15. Showing effect
16. Adding information