After studying this course, you should be able to:
1. understand the nature and scope of philosophy;
2. understand some of the philosophical skills and explain the importance of philosophy as a branch of knowledge;
3. understand the origins of philosophy and some of the philosophical positions held by ancient Greek thinkers;
4. have a better sense of the differences between philosophical questions and other kinds of questions or arguments;
5. understand different branches of philosophy and some of the major issues concerned in such branches; and
6. understand and be able to express several philosophical issues taking a position in the debates over the issues mentioned in this course.